Fastrak Honda 20hp oil question

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by bderks, May 4, 2005.

1. bderks

bderks LawnSite Member

I am about to do the 5 hour first oil change on my Honda 20hp, and was wondering if it's alright to switch to synthetic oil (Mobil 1 10w-30). I looked in both the Hustler and Honda manuals but did you find an answer to this question. Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
    Brandon

2. Sriggs

Sriggs LawnSite Member

I switched to mobile 1 synthic oil after my 10 hour break in with my supermini z 24/52 honda engine. You can switch to a mobile 1 or castrol sythetic anytime because it is not a true synthetic oil. The base chemical of these oil's are the same as regular oil. A true synthetic oil would be a asmoil or a expensive shell brand oil. You would have to wait longer if you wanted to go with these.

3. Mindless

Mindless LawnSite Member

Sriggs,

My understanding is M1 and Amsoil are both genuine synthetic oils. Can you forward to me the source of your information which talks to the base chemical of both oils.

Thanks.
    Terry

"You can switch to a mobile 1 or castrol sythetic anytime because it is not a true synthetic oil. The base chemical of these oil's are the same as regular oil. A true synthetic oil would be a asmoil or a expensive shell brand oil."