Fastrak Hour Meter

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jpwazz, Apr 26, 2006.

1. jpwazz

jpwazz LawnSite Member

I just got my new mower, Fastrak 20/52 and I want to put an hour meter in. The meter from the dealer is $40, I can buy an after-market digital meter for somewhat less but I'm wondering, do these meters lose their memory if I take the battery out during the winter for storage? I can get a mechanical meter for significantly less, it wont lose count but it doesn't fit in the factory knock-out. What do you think??

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The hour meters we use do not lose memory, I cannot speak for others, but I am pretty sure none of them lose memory.
    The meter you buy from us is a direct plug into a wiring harness that is already set up for this, snaps right in and your done, no cutting and splicing of wires or anything, really simple.

Pj

3. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

You can get these digital hour meters off eBay. I got 2 SenDec Tach/Hourmeter's for $35 shipped. Not only has the hours but is a tachometer as well. Uses the principle of induction to get its readings (read-awire wrapped around a spark plug wire). They are digital and do not lose memory that I have ever seen or heard about.

Chances are the less expensive one will be the same induction type and will be fine. :usflag:

4. jpwazz

jpwazz LawnSite Member

Thanks for the quick reply. JP.

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Our meters are not run off a induction wire on the spark plug.

6. jpwazz

jpwazz LawnSite Member

I ordered the meter from my dealer yesterday, it should be in tomorrow. It just seems right to get a genuine part, even if it is a few $$ more. Thanks Again, JP.

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

No problem.