Fastrak Hour Meter

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by rbks50, Aug 26, 2003.

1. rbks50

rbks50 LawnSite Member

Considering installation of an hour meter on a new Fastrak 20/52. I've been told that the hour meter supplied by the dealer is physically larger than the knockout hole on the right side of the drivers seat. Is this true? Not at all good if so.
    Thanks, Ray

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

If the hour meter the dealer is selling is the Hustler kit part #367656, it is a exact fit, with the exact wire harness adapter.
    Make sure the dealer is not selling a aftermarket larger meter.
    The Hustler kit lists for $24.00
    It comes in a nice neat small box with wire harness adapter and instructions.
    Let me know how you make out.

Hope this helps
    Pj

3. sjz60

sjz60 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I installed an MTD hour meter that my dealer had in stock (it fit perfectly, but was more $$ than the hustler supplied part).

Installation was pretty easy. I have the P/N if you are interested.

4. OSDOTF

OSDOTF LawnSite Member

Just one thing! Early-build FasTraks with serial numbers prior to #02037118 need to have their slots enlarged about an 1/8 inch. This information is included on the instruction sheet which is included in the kit. We have only seen one of these units, and we used a Dremel to enlarge its slot.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Good point, I forgot about that......
    I was under the impression this was going to be going in a new unit, if that is the case, it will slide right in with out any problems.

Later
    Pj