FasTrak IZT hydro-gear

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by reky, Sep 3, 2003.

1. reky

reky LawnSite Member

Has anyone had any trouble with the IZT hydro gear units in the 20/52 FasTrak? I have heard that other manufacturers who use this style of hydro system have had a lot of problems with them.
    I am just wondering how long they last. Does anyone have more than 1000 hrs on a FasTrak yet?

Reky

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The key to the IZT's is to make sure your using the machine they are installed in, in the right application.
    They are made for home use in a ride on type unit, they could be used (and are) in commercial walk behinds or very small commercial riders (30" or 34" inexpensive units).
    If your home use includes steep inclines and a lot of slope mowing, then you need to look at a Hustler Mini Z or Super Mini Z, these units have the commercial drive system in them, they will withstand the added heat and stress.
    As for someone having 1000 hours on a set of IZT's in a home use application....doubtful, we have been producing Fastrak's with the IZT's for almost 2.5 years.
    If a homeowner has 1000 hours on a machine that quick, he needed to be using a commercial grade machine in the first place, or it was a commercial user that should of bought commercial and not residential equipment.
    We build a large amount of mowers with the IZT drive systems in them and we do not see any major failure rate.

Are you looking at the FasTrak for home use or commercial ? how many times a year (worst case scenario) do you mow your yard ? And how many acres are you cutting ?
    I want to make sure you are getting the right unit for your application, I believe you are looking to use a collection device also, these are all things we need to know to make sure you are getting the mower you need.

Later
    Pj

3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

1,000 hours is a very long time for a consumer, in the neighborhood of 10 years or much more. Also, if you are using it commerically, 1,000 hours would yield around $50,000 of profit, so I'd be happy if my small investment made me that much money......
    Pete

4. reky

reky LawnSite Member

I realize that 1000 hours is a lot for a homeowner. I thought maybe someone out there was trying to use it as a commercial mower. I was not sure exactly how long the FasTrak had been out on the market.
    My question about the hydro-gear IZT units was to try and see how durable they are. I know that Simplicity has come out with a new residential zero turn that has separate pumps and gear units much like a commercial mower. It also retails for the same money as the FasTrak.

Reky