Fastrak Oil Change

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by rstadt, Jul 19, 2007.

1. rstadt

rstadt LawnSite Member

I'm about to do my first oil change on my Fastrak with a Honda 20hp. I couldn't find any reference to how many quarts it would take to fill, just fill to top mark on dip stick. Would Mobil1 10w30 be a good choice?
    And at end of this year or at 75 hours I will change the hydraulic oil in my two Hydro-Gear ZT 2800 transaxles. You recommend 20w50 SL service motor oil, I'm also looking at Mobil1 oil for this, it has a SL service rating but it only comes in a 15w50, Would this be ok?
    PS What a great mower!!!! It cut my mowing time down from 5hr to 2hr and the cut looks better then any mower I have ever had.

Thanks Roger

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I have attached a general spec sheet for your mower, it has all the information you ask about.
    I will find out about the Mobil 1 in the hydros question.
    Mobil brand oil is what we use at the factory when we put them together.
    When changing the engine oil remember to pre fill the filter and fill it to the correct level, then run it a minute and check it again.

Pj

Attached Files:

3. Quiky One

Quiky One LawnSite Member

PJ,

Could you also tell me how much oil my Hustler Mini fastrak with the 16HP honda takes?

Thanks Jason

Or even better, post a a general tech sheet!

4. rstadt

rstadt LawnSite Member

After looking at the pdf you sent me of my mower I think your dealer gave me the wrong oil filter. You call for a 15400-POH-305PE, he gave me a 15400-PLM-A01PE Is this ok to use?

5. mtwcutt

mtwcutt LawnSite Member
    from OKC, OK

PJ, Do you have that type of spec sheet for the 16 Honda?

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

This is a question for Honda or a Honda dealer.
    This has come up before, Honda has a couple / few filters that work on this engine.
    I know for a fact that the one that comes on it from the factory is a good part # but cant be bought in the U.S. and the dealers supply a different part #.
    Double check with your dealer, but I think you are ok.

Pj

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Here is a link to the info sheet for the Mini FasTrak.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=57002&d=1147695754

It wont let me attach it here since it has been attached to another post on the forum.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I just posted the link in the above post, it is for the Mini FasTrak which uses the 16 Honda.
    If you have a FasTrak 16/44, its the same engine, but the service sheet is different, let me know and I can post that one also.

Pj

9. mtwcutt

mtwcutt LawnSite Member
    from OKC, OK

Thanks PJ. One question, It says on the spec sheet not to apply oil to the pre cleaner foam element. The engine manual I believe says to do so. Is it really detrimental if I do not. I have always hated putting oil on those things!!

16 Honda 36 Mini Fastrak.

10. rstadt

rstadt LawnSite Member

Did you ever find out about using Mobil 1 15w50 in my Hydro-Gear ZT 2800 transmissions?

Thanks verry much, Roger