Fastrak or mini?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dekalb lawn man, Dec 24, 2006.

1. dekalb lawn man

dekalb lawn man LawnSite Member

Hey everyone Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I had posted this in the "just starting in bussiness" section and thought I would post here as well. I currently have 1 account that is about 3 1/2 acres with alot of hills and about 15 residential accounts that are about a 1/4 acre. The dealer is tring to get me to buy a Fastrak 52" with the 20 hp honda for $4,699. He says that he sells alot of these machines to contractors with small to medium sized accounts.He also has a mini z 52 with a 19 hp kaw for $7,599. I don't know if I am ready to spend $7,599 yet.So my question is this, will I regret getting the fastrak or should I just spend the extra money and step up to the mini.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You wont regret it, for what you are describing, it will fit your needs very well.
    The FasTrak 44 and 52 inch models can come with a 1 year or 400 hour commercial warranty when a hour meter is installed at the time of purchase.
    There are many of these in use for commercial purposes.

Pj

3. dekalb lawn man

Hey thanks for the advice. I was also wondering about the prices. Are the prices he is giving me decent. I forgot to post that the Fastrack ($4,699)is new however it is a 05 model and the mini ($7,599) is also new but is an 06. Should I be able to get the fastrak for even cheaper than $4,699 or is that a good price and is that to much for a mini.

Thanks,
    Matt

4. nfarr

nfarr LawnSite Member

I bought a 2052 Fastrak two seasons ago and started with 12 weekly accounts, about 17K ft2 each.

This past year I grew to 75 weeklies. I regret not getting the Mini. If I could do it again I would buy a Super mini.

I am looking at geting a super Z this next season.

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Your not going to get a better price on the FasTrak I believe, thats a great price.
    As far as the Mini price, that is good also, there are no programs or anything on them now.

Pj

6. dekalb lawn man

I actually ended up buying a Ferris IS2000 with the 61" deck today. The guy gave me a deal I could not refuse. $8200 which is about 200 more than what he buys them for. It has a big scratch on the side of the deck down to the metal from moving it into storage so he gave it to me really cheap. I am just going to match the paint and rattle can it.

Thank you for all your help though, I do appritiate it.

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Thats ok, you got to do what you gotta do....
    You could of bought a Hustler Z or Super Z in that price range if you looked around.
    Congrats on the new ride!!