Fastrak parts and service

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by TiredOfWalking, Oct 9, 2003.

1. TiredOfWalking

TiredOfWalking LawnSite Member

I've been told by a few Exmark owners and some Expark dealers (of course they are pushing their product) that the biggest problem with Hustler equipment is cost of service and cost and availability of parts.

Have any of you Hustler owners (particularly the Fastrak) had any problems with getting parts for your machine?

I think the dealer in my area will provide good service, I just don't know if Hustler equipment is more expensive to maintain.

By the way, even if the parts do cost more, at about $800 less for a fastrak vice a Lazer CT......that's a lot of parts.

Thanks for any insight.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The exact opposite is true.
    The FasTrak has less parts, and a much simpler design = easy service.
    The parts are the same if not less expensive than any other mowers out there.
    Heck, it uses the same spindles, and similar blades.
    As far as parts availability, the distributor that supplies the dealers for your neck of the woods is between Philadelphia and Allentown.
    If you need a parts break down e-mail me and I will e-mail you one, and you can see for yourself, how simple and easy the unit is to service and you can even check parts prices.