Fastrak prices

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by TiredOfWalking, Oct 5, 2003.

1. TiredOfWalking

TiredOfWalking LawnSite Member

Hello all.

I don't know if this is an appropriate question, and please forgive me if it is not.

I'm thinking of buying a hustler Fastrak. Since I have no hills I would be ok with either the 18hp or the 20hp.....but I do want the 52 in deck.

I have two Hustler dealers within 10 miles of me and a third about 25 miles away. I've received quotes on the phone with the lowest shown below:

18/52 $4500
    20/52 $4750

I know these are both below the MSRP, but I'm not sure how far below dealers will go.

Does anyone have any input for me on what would be good prices for either of these machines? My guess is if I sit down with a dealer they will go lower than a phone quote, I'm just hoping to get some ideas of what I should expect to buy at.

Thanks.

2. Steelman

Steelman LawnSite Member

That sounds like a good price to me. I got a quote from my local dealer for a 18/44 $4200.

3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds good to me. I bought the Hustler 52" Super Mini Z this year and all the dealers quoted me the same price. I think is was 18% or 20% off MSRP.

To me they have got the best warranty in the industry and you can get all your questions answered on the Hustler Forum on this site.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

What general area of eastern Pa. are you in?

5. TiredOfWalking

I live in Lower Bucks county, PA.

6. dvmcmrhp52

from Pa.

OK not the same dealer in our area.

7. TiredOfWalking

Has your local dealer given you a quote on one of these?

8. dvmcmrhp52

from Pa.

No,Honestly if it was in our area I would have told you to look at something else(or somewhere else) because I am unimpressed with the dealer in the area. I'm an exmark guy but wanted to compare to the Hustlers.Didn't get very far.
    A 20/52 for 4700.00 doesn't sound too bad though you can probably go lower.

9. abospaum

abospaum LawnSite Member

My dealer says that the $4700 price was only during the summer when these units were on sale.

Price doesn't come down much off of the $5299 list price. So I'm leaning more towards a Toro Z100 which has more room to discount.

10. abospaum

abospaum LawnSite Member

Well I told my closest dealer to screw off when I found another about 1/2 hour away who quote $4700 plut and additional $200 rebate until December for a price of $4500 and this is for a brand new out of the box 2004 model with a 20hp Honda and a 52" deck.