Fastrak SD replacement tire options

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by RD7, Jul 2, 2014.

1. RD7

RD7 LawnSite Member

I have the original 20x12-10 tires on my 4yr old Fastrak SD. One tire has a puncture that still leaks even after inserting a double plug. I haven't seen much for replacement tire brand options. I see a Carlisle Turf master tire that should work (511257), but it's expensive at $86 with shipping. Since I use this on a farm, a turf-friendly tread isn't as important. Any ideas on replacement tires or fixing the tread on the old tire? The tire only needs to withstand ~10psi so I'd like to think it could be repaired. I'm in east TN.

2. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

Hustler Turf likes the standard tires that come with the machine, and our lawyers like it when I say that. However, I'll post your thread and maybe somebody out in the field has tried something else.

Brian O
  3. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

That stuff is a mess when it come to changing the tire. I've had good luck with slime in the past.

Brian O
  4. Steve_B

Steve_B LawnSite Member

I had the same problem. We mow fields, ditches, as well as turf. But the rough use was causing an unreasonable amount of punctures, and I kept my local tire shop busy with plugs and patches. Here's how I solved it (get out your checkbook, it's not cheap): I got a pair of Carlisle Mud Wolf tires. These aren't made for lawnmowers; specifically they have an aggressive tread and a very stout build. But they work just fine. I had to raise the gas tanks and modify the brackets to get clearance.