Fastrak seat changed?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Matt Horne, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Matt Horne

Matt Horne LawnSite Member
    from PA

I hear that there is a new seat on the Fastrak that has the arm rests built in. Can someone confirm that this? I am thinking of buying one soon.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We have just started installing at the factory a new model seat for the FasTrak, it is grey and has armrests standard.
    We are shipping these to our distributors as they are in need of them and they are shipping them as needed to there dealers as the dealers run out of the current stock.
    So some dealers may have them before others.
    Here is a pic of the new seat installed on a new model of FasTrak that will be available in the next 45 days.

resized fastrak.jpg

3. Matt Horne

Matt Horne LawnSite Member
    from PA

Thanks for the reply.

Are the machines that have the new seat that are currently shipping the "new" version of the Fastrak?

Can you comment on the changes that are in the new version?

In comparing your picture with the current FastTrak, it looks as though the frame is different (no spring on front left, handles are mounted lower where they enter the machine, engine cover, etc.).

Also, will the seat be offered in black?

Matt

4. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

that seat looks exactly like the seat on my new mini-z.
    my opinion of the seat, (as i was using a tractor type mower before recently purchasing the mini-z), it is like riding on a cadillac :)

5. trucke

trucke LawnSite Member

Wow! Nice looking seat. A 36" Fastrak should be very appealing to those looking for a smaller unit.

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The new FasTrak will be called the FasTrak 2, there will be 36 and 42 inch decks and they will be less expensive than the current FasTraks.
    I will be posting some specs and pricing tonight so look for it then.

Pj