Fastrak Seat Spring Kit

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by rharper, Jun 13, 2005.

1. rharper

rharper LawnSite Member

I purchased a Fastrak 20/52 about 2 months ago. I checked with my dealer on Saturday about purchasing the seat spring kit and he said he didn't have any and didn't know when he would get any. Can anyone help with a purchase via mail order or online source?

thanks,
    Roger

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Your dealer can order one easily and have it pretty quick as long as they are not out of stock at the warehouse.
    Call your dealer and ask him to check stock at his distributor.

Pj

3. xrayguy

xrayguy LawnSite Member

I purchased a 52/24 miniz last week. Without knowing for sure if it would work or not, I got my dealer to throw in a set of springs. Although they are not made specifically for the miniz, my salesman said that a Hustler rep told him that they would "probably" work ok. The dealer wouldn't install them because he would have to have drilled two extra holes in the seat pan, but gave them to me and said I could put them on if I wanted to. I have decided not to use them because the mower rides very nicely without them. Anyway, long story short, I have a new seat spring kit that I am not going to use. If you are interested or you dealer can not get you a set, we could work out a deal and I could ship them to you. You can post on L/S or e-mail if you like. Thanks

4. rharper

rharper LawnSite Member

Thanks anyway but I bought a set today.

Roger

5. zerch911

zerch911 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

XRAYGUY,

I would be interested in the seat springs... I tried to email you but your email is hidden..

EMail me at dznews@tgti.net and we can discuss further.

Thanks, Darryl

6. kakelley

kakelley LawnSite Member

I may be interested in Spring Kit if you think it will work on my FasTrak 20/52. How much? Email to kakelley@comcast.net with info. Thanks.

7. rharper

rharper LawnSite Member

Installed the spring kit Wednesday evening and mowed my 3.5 acre yard yesterday evening. Big improvement!!

Roger

8. zerch911

zerch911 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I had purchased a set of seat springs for my Fastrack, it has the gray seat. The model # on the spring set was 367425... when I tried to install the springs, the bolt holes on the portion that attaches to the seat would not line up by about 1/4". The center to center dimensions on the seat is 11 1/2".

Is it possible that this is an old set for another model? I did notice that the packaging was labeled Excel, but was wrapped in printed tape that said Hustler all over it.

My dealer gave a refund, but didn't have any answers.

Thanks

9. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Excel is Hustler and Hustler is Excel.
    Excel Industries Inc. is the corporate name.
    Anyways......
    E-mail me your model and serial # and either myself or someone at the factory will look into why your spring are not working.

Pj