1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fastrak Throttle Adjustment Range

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by rbks50, Aug 25, 2003.

1. rbks50

rbks50 LawnSite Member

Just purchased a Fastrak 20/52 last week. This is one SWEET Machine. It's almost as good as being behind the wheel of my 69' Camaro. Not.
    I have noticed two slight problems with the throttle range adjustment though. The adjustment lever has integral snap slots at the far ends of the slow and fast positions but I'm not able to fully bring the lever to the extreme slow speed position. It moves find into the full fast throttle position. I't appears as though the movement range of the actual throttle lever/cable is larger than the Honda 20hp engine throttle arm range.
    Also when moving the throttle lever from the lowest/idle speed I need to move it past the half way point before the engine starts to increase in speed.
    A good friend at work also purchased an identical Fastrak 2 days before I did and is experiencing the very same problems.
    So far, other than these slight problems, I am very satisfied with this high quality cutting machine.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We adjust the engine RPM's before they leave the plant, every unit we make is run and put on a tachometer before it leaves.
    I guess it is possible that they did not check the lower side, but I doubt it.
    You need to have your dealer re-adjust this for you, please take it to them to have this done, we need this to be exact, and if there is a problem we need to know about it.
    Let me know how you make out