1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fastrak - Too well built??

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jdnixboe, Jun 3, 2003.

1. jdnixboe

jdnixboe LawnSite Member

I am the proud new owner of a Fastrak 18/44. After much research and looking at nearly every ZTR available, the Fastrak really stood out IMO. It cuts my lawn great, handles a small hill in my backyard, etc. Only one question. The discharge chute is heavy metal, not rubber that gives way if I hit against something on accident. Is it possible the chute is too well built?? I would really like to have something that gives way, as I am not a pro and know I will sometimes hit that chute against things. Any ideas? Great mower! Thanks.
  2. jdnixboe

jdnixboe LawnSite Member

Mowerconsultant.......any ideas? I was really hoping to hear from you...
  3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I have nothing to tell you that you have not heard from your dealer most likely.
    We have to attach the deflector to pass ANSI tests and for it to be safe for you and anyone in the area while you mow.
    Currently the chutes are made of steel, I am not aware right now of any changes in the near future.

4. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

i know there is no space for the chute to fold out of the way. but i would help driving thourgh fences if it could getr out of the way sometime. and if you are riding with it up( i know you are not supposed to) It falls down. I had to put a bungee on it.
  5. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

ask mowerconsultant if the qwikchute will fit the fastrack.
    I have one installed on my Hustler Z. fits flush to deck when in the down position. [does not get in the way] You can also leave it partially open, or wide open, giving you options for the grass dispercial patterns.
    Works for me.
  6. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

another option would be to install the Hustler mulching plate.
    I had one on my 52" Hustler Z, removed it to install the Quickchute, found that it would also fit my 37" Hustler walkbehind.
    PJ can find out for you if it will fit.
  7. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

whats the price on the quick chute.
  8. Artman

Artman LawnSite Member

For QwikChute information, call: 407-944-9878
  9. jdnixboe

jdnixboe LawnSite Member

What exactly is the Quik Chute and where could I get more info on it? Thanks.