Fastrak transmission cooling fans

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mls64, Jun 24, 2007.

1. mls64

mls64 LawnSite Member
    from n tx

I just noticed that the blades on the cooling fan above my left side transmission are all broken off. What is the part number for this piece, or do I have to replace the entire pulley that it is attached to? (part number for that as well, if I need it...). thanks.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You can look up the parts in the parts manual on our site.
    Located here

http://www.hustlerturfequipment.com/Manual/Manual.html

I am not sure what model you have or how old it is.
    I would be more worried about what caused them to break off, this needs to be figured out before you go replacing it with new parts.
    Is it under warranty still?

Pj

3. mls64

mls64 LawnSite Member
    from n tx

The model is Fastrak 52" with Kohler 20hp. Bought it last Fall, so it is still under warranty. I have no idea how it might have happened (or when), as there have been no strange noises or symptoms. I do want to get it fixed, though, as I don't want the hydro to overheat, particularly as we get into the heat of the summer. Unfortunately I don't have a way of trailering it to the dealer.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Call the dealer and have them pick it up, they may charge for this, but you need to get it fixed and they need to know how it happened also, so they can make sure it doesn't happen again.

Pj

5. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

p, could it have been the rubber cover for the battery terminal? i noticed my mft the cover was very close to the fan blades. there is too much slack in the battery cable. when that cover comes off, it slides directly towards the hydros. i put some electrical tape on the cable to prevent it from sliding that far down again.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

This is a different set up in the FasTrak, I don't believe this could happen in the FasTrak, but you never know.

Pj

7. mls64

mls64 LawnSite Member
    from n tx

It could not have been the battery cable. There is nothing in the way at all,
    I'm wondering if it was a stick or something that popped up from below the mower temporarily, just in the right spot to catch the fan blades. This is possible, as the blades are exposed to the ground.

8. drham

drham LawnSite Member

I have rerouted the cables on my FasTrak because I was a little worried about them getting in the cooling fans, please see the attached pictures

I am new to the Hustler Family and am very impressed with my dealer and my Hustler FasTrak, I have worked in the Helicopter AP field and I am strong beliver in wire loom for cable protection!

DH

DSCN0056.jpg

DSCN0057.jpg

DSCN0069.jpg

DSCN0070.jpg

DSCN0059.jpg