1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

FasTrak vs. Simplicity Consumer Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by DylanG, May 15, 2004.

1. DylanG

DylanG LawnSite Member

I'm in the market for a ZTR with a 50" deck and can spend up to $5k. After talking to the local dealers and reading this forum it looks like the Hustler and Simplicity lines are my best bet. Both brands seem to put a lot of their commercial technology and build quality in their consumer lines.

Since this is the Hustler forum I'll ask the question this way :) ... Why should I choose the Hustler over the Simplicity?

Thanks for your help!
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Better product overall.
    Take a look at the frames, the decks (stamped on the Simplicity and fabricated on the Hustler) and the comfort of the unit / smoothness of the controls.
    You will find a better warranty 2 year bumper to bumper, lifetime frame and leading edge of the deck and 3 year spindle warranty.
    The parking brake is built into the steering levers on the Hustler product also, as little as that seems it is a very nice feature to have.
    You need to demo both and you will find the Hustler to come out on top.

3. DylanG

DylanG LawnSite Member

You didn't mention that the Hustler's gas tank is twice as big. ;)

I'm going to demo both this week. I think the decision is going to come down to how comfortable it is to operate. But I'll be sure to take a close look at the build quality of each, particulary the deck.