Fastrak vs Toro Z400 vs Simplicity Champion

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by volfan615, Apr 20, 2006.

1. volfan615

volfan615 LawnSite Member

Had almost narrowed my list down to the Toro Z400 48" or the Simplicity Champion 44". How does the Fastrak compare to these? I'm about ready to make a decision but need some help. The Hustler delaer I spoke with yesterday only wanted to talk about the Exmark.

Does one of the three have better drives than the other?

Thanks!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You need to demo a Hustler then compare them, the ride and controls on the Hustler are second to none.
    don't forget, the parking brake is built into the levers on the Hustler, this is not the case with other mowers, we have the patent on it.
    Compare frames, drives, engines, seats and most of all decks, you will not find the Hustler beaten in any area.
    Who is the dealer you are talking to on the Hustler?

3. Von

Von LawnSite Member

I test rode a Toro TimeCutter. Nice ride...comfortable, relatively inexpensive, but the deck was too thin. Not familiar with the Simplicity. I bought a 17/42 Mini FasTrak and I'm very happy. I want to cut the grass all the time now. It was damp yesterday after a rain. I cut it anyway. Tried to get to close to the creek that has a slope and lost control. A large rock saved my butt. It hit the right side of the deck and scratched it.

I got the truck, pulled it out and started cutting again. This morning, the grass looks excellent. I perfecting my "striping" art.

Anyway, the Hustler is built like a tank and less expensive than other commercial brands.

Von

4. lazer9284

lazer9284 LawnSite Member
    from florida

exmark has pump and motor drive not an "ezt" ofr "izt" like a fastrack

5. 46mack

46mack LawnSite Member

hustler has a faster usable cutting speed. just because a manufacturer says what their speed is, doesn't mean that they can cut well at that speed. frame tubing on the simplicity is half as big as the hustler. the deck height is adjusted by hand on toro and simplicity and by foot on hustler. which is stronger, your legs or your arms? you can't beat the warranty on the welded hustler deck.

6. volfan615

volfan615 LawnSite Member

Franklin Kubota is the dealer. Was back there again today to ride one but he didn't have one uncrated. Will be back on Monday. He has quoted $4900 on the 20/52. Is that a good price?

7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

$4,900.00 is a very good price, the unit has a MSRP of $5,899.00

8. flake1333

flake1333 LawnSite Member

Buddy Just purchased a 2006 fastrack 20hp 52 with hour meter, suspension seat kit, not the spring seat, and flex forks for $5047, without the seat he was going to pay $4846 total plus tax of course. Flex forks are $199.00 and the meter was $20. So see if you can get the flkex forks and meter thrown in or reduce your offer. Good Luck, I just purchased a MINI Z a month ago and love it.