1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

FasTrak Wheel Motor

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Dodds, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Dodds

Dodds LawnSite Member

I have a 2006 FasTrak with 191 hrs. that has a failed right side Hydro-Gear 2600 Motor. My Dealer informed me that the Drive is Obsolete with no parts available. A replacement “Kit” is available for $1500.
    After a search of this site, I found the earliest reference to the Motors being obsolete was in 2010. A 4 year old mower and parts become “obsolete” ? Even at 7 years, repair parts should be available.
    My Dealer has gotten the local Hustler Rep to prorate the cost of the new Trans down to $1050. Wow,,, what a great deal after only 191 hours. My 23 year old John Deere is still on all the original parts except for Belts & Front tires and all the parts are still available!
    So I have two questions;
    1.) What was the actual date the transmissions became obsolete with parts unavailable.
    2.) Will the New Hustler “Replacement Kit” transmission be compatible with the left original Hydro-Gear 2600 Trans Motor?