FasTrak Width

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by DN325Ci, Oct 7, 2003.

1. DN325Ci

DN325Ci LawnSite Member

I'm a potential new FasTrak buyer - will probably wait until spring in hopes of discount and financing promotions.

My shed has a door width limited to 57". The overall width of the FasTrak 18/52 is given on their website as 57.2". Is this with the grass chute up or down? Obviously if it is up, I have no chance of getting it in my shed!

Thanks!
    Don

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

That measurement is with the chute up.
    You should be able to put the chute up and fit it in your shed.
    Call your dealer and ask them to bring it over to make sure it will fit before you buy it.

Pj

3. Steelman

Steelman LawnSite Member

DN325c1, You should get the 52" in the door with the shut up. But, if not look at the 44" . I demoed the 44"/18HP yesterday. It is one sweet mower. Like you I'm waiting for a deal from my dealer, but will buy one before spring.

4. Steelman

Steelman LawnSite Member

DN325c1, You should get the 52" in the door with the shut up. But, if not look at the 44" . I demoed the 44"/18HP yesterday. It is one sweet mower. Like you I'm waiting for a deal from my dealer, but will buy one before spring.

5. DN325Ci

DN325Ci LawnSite Member

Mowerconsultant,

Thanks for your response, and I'm a little confused by the answer. You said the that measurement is made with the chute up, and that it should fit. If it is 57.2" with the chute up and my opening is 57", it seems it wouldn't fit.

Just wanted to clarify and make sure I understood you.

Thanks!
    Don

6. DN325Ci

DN325Ci LawnSite Member

Steelman, thanks for the comment. I guess if I can't fit the 52 I will get the 18/44. It would save me some money I guess! Any downside to the 44 other than "more passes" in the end?

Thanks,
    Don

7. Steelman

Steelman LawnSite Member

DN325ci, Not that I can see. Same mower jut a smaller deck. I have looked at both. I going today to pick up a 44" if the dealer will deal with me.

8. Steelman

Steelman LawnSite Member

DN325ci, got my new Hustler yesaterday. I got one heck of a deal. I got the 18/44" for $4000 plus a set of gator blades. My dealer wanted to deal. He was $500 ot $700 cheaper than any one else. Did I tell you it mows like a dream. great cut.

9. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Were talking a fraction of a inch.
    If you were to drive the mower in at a bit of a angle to swing the left side of the deck in first, you will most likely fit.

Pj

10. DN325Ci

DN325Ci LawnSite Member

Congrats Steelman! How big is your lawn, BTW?

Don