Fastrak Width

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by DN325Ci, Mar 30, 2004.

1. DN325Ci

DN325Ci LawnSite Member

PJ, apologies for asking about Fastrak width again - I really like to understand where the width measurement is taken!

In the Fastrak brochures, the widest part of the mower looks to be the deck. It looks like the deck is the farthest outboard point on either side of the mower.

I was at a Hustler dealer over the weekend who did not have a 52" Fastrak on the floor, but did have a Mini Z with a 52" deck. Using a tape measure, I found the width of the deck to be just over 52", so that sounds about right.

So I'm wondering where the advertised 57.2" width dimension is taken at on the mower. Is there something wider than the deck?

Thanks Again!
    Don

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I believe the measurement is made with the discharge chute in the down position.

Pj

3. DN325Ci

DN325Ci LawnSite Member

Thanks, Pj. That's great news for me because then I could easily drive it in/out of my 57" shed door.

Cheers,
    Don

4. markjenna

markjenna LawnSite Member

I just measured my 52/20 and it measures about 57.5 with the shoot up. That is from the wings on the shoot. If you took it off it would fit in a 57" shed, but up and on the mower it will be real tight. Let me know if you want me to measure something else. Mark

5. DN325Ci

DN325Ci LawnSite Member

Mark, thanks. I understand what you are saying. What is the measurement without the chute? Is it roughly 52"?

Don

6. markjenna

Yes about 52" without the chute. Give or take a 1/4. Without the chute it will fit in your shed. Just tell the wife you need a new pole barn for the new mower. lol

Mark

7. DN325Ci

DN325Ci LawnSite Member

I tried the pole barn approach. Now I'm homeless. :D

Well, I guess I'm going chute-less. Don't know how safe that is, but I think I'd prefer to do that than buy a 44.

Thanks Mark.

Don

8. markjenna

I don't know if this will help but if you are going to go chute-less maybe try and bent or cut the chute wings. I have never heard of it but if your not going to use it who cares. Just a thought. Are you buying new or use and what did you get it for. Mark