1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fastrak Won't Start

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Darryll, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Darryll

Darryll LawnSite Member
    from MD

Was cutting grass this evening with my 2 year Fastrak -Honda engine when the mower just cut off. Obviously, I ran out of gas. I refueled and the mower still didn't start. In fact, I got no juice and the red light on the panel wouldn't glow. I checked for a battery disconnect or wire coming loose and couldn't find a thing. My mower will not start and I get no juice. What should I do?
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

If there is no power to the red light on the dash then you need to check your fuses, if they are ok then you need to have the battery checked out.
    Let us know after you have checked the fuses.
    I would also recommend you call your dealer for assistance, that is what they are there for.

3. trucke

trucke LawnSite Member

I'm only mentioning this because I've done it myself. If you ran out of fuel maybe the PTO is still engaged. Every problem I've had like this was either the PTO or the steering levers not fully out. If it's not one of these, check the charge on the battery.
  4. Darryll

Darryll LawnSite Member
    from MD

After changing the fuse, the mower started. Thanks for the tip. I can now cut my lawn.