Fastrak

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jbauerwi, Sep 3, 2007.

1. jbauerwi

jbauerwi LawnSite Member

I am looking at buying a new Fastrak for a new house that has about 1.75 acres. My question is related to the two little wheels on the back and why are they there? My guess is that they easily tip backwards due to poor balancing. Can someone please confirm or deny my suspicion?

Jeff

2. HackerG

HackerG LawnSite Member

I have a FasTrack and haven't had any balancing issues. I got it to mow a couple of acres and am very pleased with the mower. It gets the job done well and fast. I have hills as well and haven't had tipping over issues, only sliding when it is wet which would happen with any mower I would assume. I think the wheels are there just in case you do go down backwards and they don't want it to tip over. I think they are there for protection more than anything.

3. The Lawn Patrol

The Lawn Patrol LawnSite Member

they are so if/when you trailer the mower the wheels hit the ground rather than the back of the mower.

4. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

they are there for two reasons: one is to stop idiots from tipping a mower over when they are doing things that they are not intended to do. two is to help you from getting hung-up when you back into a ditch, etc..... or from dragging you rear end when you load onto a trailer.

5. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

I thought consumers were smarter in this day and age...

no, they are not there because of poor balancing...

The FasTrak is the best selling high-end Residential ZTR mower because of safety, quality, comfort, durability and cut quality.

6. lawnboyoung

lawnboyoung LawnSite Member

my old boss had a fastrak.i think thats the most bang for the buck.