fasttrack 18 44

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by bmann, Apr 14, 2006.

1. bmann

bmann LawnSite Member

I looked today at a 2005 fast track with an 18 hp kohler. It was left over and the guy has a good price on it. Is there any difference in an 05 and 06 model? Also is the kohler going to hold up as well as the honda motors? Thanks for a great forum. I have learned a lot from you guys.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

No changes in the 05 to 06 models, as long as the 05 was produced after last June, even then it was just the deck opening that was larger on the 06, and this can be done to the 05.
    The Kohlers will hold up as long as long as you do the maintenance, as with any engine.

Pj

3. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

PJ, I was wondering if there are any differences in the 05' - 06' Mini-FasTracks??;)

I know I saved boucou bucks but am wondering if I missed out on anything?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

No differences.

5. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

SWEET! Thanks.

6. bmann

bmann LawnSite Member

Just wondering why you use the single cylinder engines instead of the twin. I realize they are cheaper but you would think a twin cylinder kohler would still be cheaper than a honda. Just curious. Thanks

7. bmann

bmann LawnSite Member

Also wondering if it needs the larger deck opening is that something that the dealer will do or will i have to pay extra to have it done.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It may already have it, if you can get me the serial # I can tell you, or you can ask your dealer also.
    You will not have to pay extra.

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Simply to offer a less expensive and different engine alternative.
    You would think a twin Kohler is less expensive than a Honda twin, but this isn't always the case.

Pj