fasttrack 20 52

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by bmann, Jun 10, 2006.

1. bmann

bmann LawnSite Member

Well I have decided to break down and buy a zero turn mower. This will be used at my home. I really like the hustler and have read everything i can find on them. The only real concern I have is why does hustler use sealed bearings . It just seems like grease fitting on a mower would make it last longer. I also have read about making the chute opening larger on some of the older fast tracks. Will this be needed on a new unit? I also remember reading somewhere about changing pulleys for increased blade tip speed. Is this needed(not sure if this was for the fasttrack or not) and if so do i pay for this?
    Accessories ? Is the seat kit(spring) worth getting? Any help will be appreciated as I will be going Monday to look at a hustler and a dixie chopper. Thanks again

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We use a commercial grade sealed spindle, that is widely used in this industry, sealed bearings have come a long way over the years, we have used them for over 30 years.
    The chute opening and pulley change were made a year ago, you will not have to worry about it if you are buying a new mower.
    The seat springs are worth it if you have any type of bumps or rough areas to cut, you will be glad you bought them.

Pj

3. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Almost forgot.... add a set of Flex Forks when they are available soon, you will have the best riding mower out there.

Pj

4. bmann

bmann LawnSite Member

Almost forgot to ask. What gauge steel is the deck made with. THANKS

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The deck on the FasTrak is as follows, and is the same as our Mini Z / Super Mini Z commercial deck.
    11-gauge deck plate with an 7-guage deck plate doubler with .125 in welded steel.
    Solid 1 in x .375 in steel bars reinforce impact areas on trim edges.
    .187 in x .375 in box-section reinforced front edge.

6. Bubba H

Bubba H LawnSite Member

I see you are from North Alabama. I live just outside of Huntsville and purchased a fastrak 20/52 3 months ago. I have a friend who has had one for 2 years with no problems. The seat springs are great and I would suggest a hour meter (for maintenance). If you are tall the springs give you more leg room also. I feel you will not be disappointed with a Hustler. I purchased mine from Maynard Equipment (10 or so miles east of Huntsville on us 72 east). I visited 3 Hustler dealers and looked up post on this sight for what people paid and and no one could beat their price. The owner Gordon Maynard is super nice and very honest........This is my first post but I spent many hours on this site before deciding on what brand and model to purchase. I have also noticed the local Co-Op's carries Hustlers now also. Good luck, Bubba