fasttrak options

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by bwolfsohn, Jun 19, 2002.

1. bwolfsohn

bwolfsohn LawnSite Member

I'm getting ready to purchase a fastrak for our new 2.5 acre property. We're in SouthWest Ranches (Ft Lauderdale) in South Florida, and everybody mulches around here. It's a relatively flat piece of land, with the back half almost bare of everything but lawn.

When i'm checking on prices and availability w/ the local dealers, what options or non-standard equipment should i be lookng at as part of the initial purchase ? I'm not very mechanical, and would want everything to be ready-to-cut/go when it's delivered from the dealer. Which models of the fastrak would you recommend over any of the others.

Thanks in advance for your help

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I would suggest the mulch kit, and a set of mulch blades. Gators will work best. Mulch kit is $79.00 blades should be between 10 and 14.
    Also, if your property is bumpy at all I would suggest the seat spring kit. it is $49.00
    A arm rest kit is also available it will help resting the arms for long stretches of mowing time. it is $85.00
    And last but not least I would suggest a hour meter, for keeping record of maintenance, it is $24.00
    As for which FasTrak is best, I would suggest the 20hp Honda powered unit with a 52" deck, it is a very strong and smooth running engine, and the 52" deck will make quick work of that 2.5 acres.

Hope this helps
    Pj