1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Father Daughter Lawn Care.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Father&Daughter Lawn care, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I admire people like you.
  2. woodie1

woodie1 LawnSite Member

I am planing on starting a lawn care business this spring I have a 13 year old and a 2 year old daughter's. I think this would be a good bonding experience and teach something about work ethics and business to the oldest one. I really enjoyed this thread.:waving:
  3. tropical breeze

tropical breeze LawnSite Member

This is funny. I just talked to my 9 yr old the other day and said when I start to get busy I am going to need a really good helper and right away he said Dad I would be the best helper there is. That was so cool to hear that. Then we talked about salary now this was funny. I told him jocking of coarse well I think I might be able to pay you $ 5.00 a day only if you are the best helper around. Then we started talking about what he could do to help me. This is the cool stuff in life. Oh ya its been about a week since we talked about it and he already asked for a raise LOL love it.
  4. RHooper

RHooper LawnSite Member

I think that's a great thing you've got going there, and I wish you the best !
  5. Father&Daughter Lawn care

Father&Daughter Lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

What other type of job can involve younger children. Not many. Use your head and remember they are only kids. Don't expect them to be top notch workers. Use the time for bonding and build some great memories.
  6. Craig3

Craig3 LawnSite Member

Shift your thoughts to a future son in law. ;)
  7. Father&Daughter Lawn care

Son In Laws can be great. Heck look at me. (LOL)
  8. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

I think you and I had the same father. I told my kids, their only job was A's and B's. They both work the Lawn Care biz around their schedule.
  9. pararest

pararest LawnSite Member

That's a great story. My daughter is 6 now....... I know it will be a blink of an eye when she is 10........ and then the dreaded teen years:dizzy: :cry: I will take the advice of many of the post and make sure to spend lots of time with her........ even if that means bringing her to work with me.:) Thanks again for the glimpse into the future.

Micah Owner
    Paradise Restored Landscaping
  10. Father&Daughter Lawn care

Just added a picture of my equipment:

IMG_0573 (Large) (Small).jpg