1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Father Daughter Lawn Care.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Father&Daughter Lawn care, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Father&Daughter Lawn care

Father&Daughter Lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Steve,
    Give it a try with your daughters. I have a blast with mine. The fact that I pay her also helps. She is disappointed that I have begun cutting and she is still in school for a few more weeks. I have a landscaping job to do so I will have her help me next weekend finish that up.

2. Father&Daughter Lawn care

Great day today weather is perfect. Since the Gravely is down I had to us the old stand by tried and true push mower on the 7 yards I was able to do today. I am one tired puppy. Daughter has softball practice with the team I coach tonight at 6:30. Should be a fun practice.

I was able to speak with the hydro gear distributor today and verified the part number for the axle. Hope to get it ordered sometime later tonight.
    See ya.

3. cylinder3missfire

cylinder3missfire LawnSite Member
    from IL

Not trying to hijack your thread, just thought id put this up. Just pulled out the w/b and getting ready to service. My son is 2 and already has a fixation with the w/b, my trucks, and the trusty case 540h loader! My daughter 4 loves to mulch and help with dirt work. I hope they stay as interested as your younguns! :clapping:

041200_2303[00].jpg

4. alex94

alex94 LawnSite Member

lets see some pics of work you have done this year!

5. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Cool thread I rember when I started 7 years ago when I was 8 kids can do good work. I started my best friend as a helper when he was 9 and now we are 13 and 14 and doing lawns still. Good luck this year

6. Father&Daughter Lawn care

Thats great. There re not a lot of jobs where your kids can actually help.

7. Father&Daughter Lawn care

Hope you have a productive year also.

8. Father&Daughter Lawn care

I haven't taken any pictures of my work. Just don't see the need.

9. Father&Daughter Lawn care

I was lucky enough to have a friend who has a 1540 like mine. he has not used it in 3yrs so He let me borrow it until mine is repaired. Picked up 8 new accounts this week. I am just about maxed out.

10. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice, good for you, who doesn't like more accounts?

Btw good stuff with what your doing with your daughter, at least they won't be those kind of kids who will be playing games 24/7. Of course if you continue, she will be 18 and already be knowing a lot about the industry!