1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Favorite BackPack Blower??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Navig8r, Nov 3, 2002.

What is Your personal first choice of Backpack blower.

1. Redmax

38 vote(s)
  2. Shindaiwa

25 vote(s)
  3. Stihl

38 vote(s)
  4. Echo

46 vote(s)
  5. Other (Respond with details,please)

9 vote(s)
  1. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

OK..... Lot's of discussion on this.. so how 'bout a poll.......... please keep answers based on personal experience.....
  2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Echo 603, it's all I've got. Blows the dirt right off the ground. I have yet to feel the need for more power.

I'm open to hear from people who have USED the 603 and have another they USE now and like better though.

I'm in the market for a new one. I need one more.
  3. [​IMG]

Guess which one I voted for.
  4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i have used a few echo backpacks an was very impressed, one was less then a year old, one was about 2 years old, and the other was about 5 years old. all worked above my expectations.
  5. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Me too!!!!!!! I have had my 7001 for about 3 weeks and I am still amazed by the power it has.....:D :cool: :D :cool:
  6. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

this makes 3 for echo, 2 for redmax.. (2 603s 1 650)
  7. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Echo 650 rocks! This thing will blast squirrels out of the trees! I absolutely love my 650, wouldnt buy anything else. I have had mine about 2 years now, it still starts on two pulls, one full choke, one half, and then she is up and going!
    What I really like about it is its reliability, and the fact that it will blow grass across a soaking wet driveways.

8. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Not much of a poll until everyone here has ran every single model for a season or more. I doubt people have had the opportunity to really do a "fair" test, but an interesting poll nontheless. My vote will go for whoever has the most cfm and mph. That's what it's all about. Obviously it needs to start and stay together for awhile. :D
  9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I will soon be in the market for a good backpack blower with no past experience with them and am thinking about a Stihl BR340 as I can't justify the extra $100 for the 420 though I'm sure it's worth it I don't think I need that much power really. Whats the Echo equivalent to the BR340? And who has it and what are the good/bad about each? I'm going to check out their websites now.
  10. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I have the echo PB-602. I like it very much. I don't hve a huge amount of leaves to deal with like some here do. If I did I would probably look at both the Echo PB-650 and the new Redmax, though.