Favorite brands of lawn equipment?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Drewler, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Drewler

Drewler LawnSite Member

Hey Everybody,
    I was just wanting to get some opinions on brands of lawn equipment. I am thinking of getting into the landscape biz on a bigger scale and may need to purchase all of the equipment. I currently do a minimal amount of landscape jobs and use Snapper commercial w/ Velkey, Honda push, Echo BP blower and string trimmer. We will be doing mostly commercial so we'll need heavy duty stuff! Used would be OK too...

Thanks to all!

2. mg10117

mg10117 LawnSite Member

Wright Sentars, and Standers are tuff,quick,agile, and dont take up alot of space...I will never buy a walk behind again.

good luck

3. Drewler

Drewler LawnSite Member

Thanks very much mg10117! I'll note the brand name and start looking around. We are thinking about incorporating a pool cleaning service too, guess that's another thing I need to look into! Thanks again!

4. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

i prefer Echo for all my smaller equipment...never had a power problem and they're easy to work on

5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Echo is what i like

6. VelocityLawncareService

VelocityLawncareService LawnSite Member

For my Mower i got a Scag Wildcat 61" Deck with 27HP kholer its tuff and fun to run, for my smaller equipment i have all husqvarna they have good products!

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Another echo

8. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

I like my Echo and Scag, but my Scag dealer is a useless idiot, and by unfortunate coincidence, he's also the local Echo dealer. So I'll probably be going to Everride and Stihl, which are located at a different dealer together.

9. mg10117

mg10117 LawnSite Member

I use shindowa for my smaller eqiupment...if you have dealer close-by definately check them out...they are really tough and strong. Trimmers very easy to string also. Kinda expensive though...good luck

10. mg10117

mg10117 LawnSite Member

sorry correct spelling is Shindaiwa:laugh: