Favorite customer one-liners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Schlepie, Nov 11, 2001.

1. Schlepie

Schlepie LawnSite Member

You always get a customers 2 cents worth after a project and no matter how far in the past it was, when you think about it , it makes you laugh.

" looks like a bunch of goats ran through there."

" those schrubs look great, they look like a bunch of poodles" haha

" fertalize, nah, nothin can hurt my yard" ( after 2 hrs of hand pulling weeds from the lawn)

OK guys, Wadaya got!!

2. casey

casey Guest

I allways get this from female customers.

"Why dontcha take off that sticky t-shirt and come inside for a cold soda"

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Here's one I heard last Tuesday when I showed up at a job to do some minor tree trimming and weed pulling.

"I meant to call you last night."

4. JeremySkrocki

JeremySkrocki LawnSite Member

I'm with Richard. I got the "Meant to call you last night night." about two weeks ago when I was supposed to start mowing a new lawn. I showed up and everything was done. The lady forgot to fire her old lawn guy's. The only saving grace was I had another lawn in the same neighborhood.

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

got this one yesterday
    "why are you cutting my lawn in November? No other LCO has done that before"

she assumed i was done coming for the year. i skipped her lawn three weeks in a row so it would grow a little for the final cut. Gotta love it.

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

A little old man with barely any hair tells us,

"You're quicker than my barber."

7. My personal favorite:

You know that leak you fixed about 13 months ago? It is still leaking and it has ever since you fixed it. Could you come fix it, I won't be home but since there won't be a bill do I really need to be?

I know that is not a one liner, but.............

8. Lawns2nv

Lawns2nv LawnSite Member

I like this one :

I went out to a customers house, to do some small tree trimming, i ask how would you like your tree's trimmed, would you like them shaped or would you like me just to trim them. The customer says " I dont no your the experts". That gets me cuz I no what I'm doing, I'm just trying to get some input on how they would like it to look. Some clients jus like a little trimming some want me to strip the heck out of their trees.

9. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: how about

"why do i have more leaves than my neighbors".

"i dont understand why my lawn is brown, i waterr for 15min a zone, you must not be putting the proper chemicals down"

" i think you may have over fertilizes the lawn because all the leaves are starting to fall off the tree's" (nov.8).

" do you mind if i hire the cheaper landscaper to landscape my pool, you can do everything else though"(regular customer for 6 years, other bid was for about $900. less)

10. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

from non- customers, many times.

"you guys cut grass?"

i know it is just a line to get the dialogue going, but still a dumb question when your standing beside your truck.