Favorite Ingrade for Concrete, Stone, Tile, & etc.

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Eden Lights, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Eden Lights

Eden Lights LawnSite Senior Member

Any favorites? We have been roughing in 2.5" inside Dia. conduit for the last couple of years and then setting fixtures later after stone, tile, stamping, and etc. Large flange is very forgiving and nothing can get damaged. Any ideas other than the BK we are using??

http://www.bklighting.com/cimages/brochure-373.pdf

2. sprinkler guy

sprinkler guy LawnSite Member

Eden,

I just put my hands on the new FX Luminaire well-lights. Check out the lights half way down the page under subterranean, specifically the FC and the RP.

http://www.fxl.com/products/default.htm

I don't know if you use any FX or who the distributor is in your area, but call FX direct and they will have someone come to you and show off the new toys.

3. Eden Lights

I like the slicks on the RP, but I have not seen one so I am not sure about how it would rough in or go in concrete.

4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Have you looked at the unique nova ? Also the kim mini valuts but they require much more space.

Copper moon also has a tank built one but has a glare shroud on it. The unique comes with both the shroud and flat ring in the box along with all the lenses and a louver. Heck even comes with a pvc sleeve to hand the hardscapers altho its real loose fitting (joey!!!!)

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Well I have to pipe in here...

Nightscaping has some of the nicest looking ingrade fixtures I have ever used. They are cast brass, built like tanks, available in clear glass, frost glass, grate, eyebrow or diffuser configurations. They are impervious to water ingress when installed properly and I have never had a failure with them.

Check out the Nightscaping Vermeer Line: BM4552 Pictured here.

vermeer_bm_4552br.jpg

6. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Nova-B25-20-WB
    The nova is a small MR16 inground light that comes with 2 shrouds, angle cut for hiding glare and flat for recessing flush. Also can be ordered as a NOVA STAR. The NOVA STAR utilizes the Star Grate, a brass louvered grate similar to the Apollo Star you see below, just smaller. The Nova comes with a frosted bubble lens for low lying 360degree lighting as well as flat clear, frosted, linear, and dimpled spread lens. It also comes with a hex louver for hiding glare, a PVC sleeve for forming and recessing, as well as 25ft of 16/2 brown cable. It utilizes an MR16 20w BAB lamp.(Below are photos of the Nova with angle cut shroud recessed into tile. I will try and get some phtoos up of the Nova Star in action.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://www.uniquelighting.com/product_pages/NOVA.htm

ApolloStar-B25-35-WB
    The Apollo Star is a PAR36 Well Light that utilizes a brass liuvered grate we call the Star Grate. The photos you see below show the Apollo Star witht he brass Infinity Ring. It gives the light a smooth transition into the surface and in landscape applications helps knock down growth. The Star Grate is available in a 4" version to fit the Nova. The Apollo Star comes with a GE Par36 WFL 35w, grate, Par36 Lens Clip, and a set of designer lenses including frosted, liner, and dimpled spread lenses.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://www.uniquelighting.com/product_pages/APOLLOSTAR.htm

7. Eden Lights

Rough in specs for the NS and the Unique? What is the core drill diameter for the NS and the Nova? I will be installing sleeves on this as soon as it stops raining, so I can't wait on the fixture. Thanks for all the help.

8. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Install Unique Lighting's Nova or NovaStar (Brass MR16 Well Light NovaStar has Brass Lovered Grate), to do this you will need to core in a 2 1/2" hole using a Diamond Bit Wet Core Drill, or a 2 1/2" Carbide Bit Dry Core Drill.
    2. Install Unique Lighting's Apollo or ApolloStar (Composite Par 36 Well Light ApolloStar has louvered Brass Grate) to do this you will need to drill a 6" hole (using the same type of equipment just a larger 6" bit)
    The Drill I use for my wet drilling is a Shibuya TS-162 2spd core drill, Shibuya is a Japanese company and I like this drill allot! It can be purchased from Kimberley Diamond Tool, Inc. in Escondido, CA, you can contact them at 800-457-3677. The Carbide Dry Drill I use is a Hilti TE-76, and that can be purchased anywhere Hilti is sold

9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Just go to the nightscaping web site and download the spec sheet on the Vermeer. Oh heck, here I have attached it for you.

They also offer a 'pour sleeve' but it is not listed in the catalog.

The last time I core drilled these into Granite Flagstones I used a Bosch SDS Max Drill and a 5" Core Bit. I took about 20 mins to bore through the 6" stone

Attached Files:

10. Eden Lights

Thanks guys, I can sleeve the concrete with my 2.5" inside diameter pipe and install the Nova or the Goldstar it looks like. I need to look at the NS, it looks like it might not sit flush in a sleeve with out a NS rough in kit.