Favorite PG Model

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shades of Green LService, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Was just wondering what your favorite PG model was. Based on Looks or whatever. i know the start of the season is among us (serious posts), but i thought i would start another light Thread. I'll start off,the Centri .Based on looks alone . Also No 3 hole hopper:)

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Magnum, very easy to maintain and repair and does a nice job. I didn't have the Centri or Ultra, after I bought the original Cavalry I was afraid to buy another! But the Magnum looked like they had it right.

3. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Call me crazy, but I have an Ultra SE and I've been reasonably happy with it. I would love to add a Magnum, but probably not till '08.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have a friend of mine that has two Magnums, and he likes my Ultra SE, better. He gives a few reasons for this.

5. mnturfmaster

mnturfmaster LawnSite Member

owned a centri in the past. was on big P.O.S. bying a magnum this week

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Runner -

Can you post the reasons / PM me with them??

I've got an Ultra, and am VERY seriously thinking about moving to the Magnum, but if there's reasons not to, I'd like to know.

Any help??

Thanks.

7. thomsoutdoor

thomsoutdoor LawnSite Platinum Member

I have been happy with the Magnum. That is one acre properties or less. Could us a cup holder.

8. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

Would the cup holder be for a drink??? 101

9. bflower

bflower LawnSite Member

running a magnum now, so far so good. missing the constant weed control switch on the ultra, god for bid i have a itch on the magnum and have to scratch and miss all those weeds. will see how well all these cables hold up to fertilizer, lubing them often. my right foot will never be as good as my left hand at shifting from forward to reverse. if only i could have had a honda engine on my old ultra! my two cents

10. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I just took a look at the new Magnum at Lesco dealer. Nice. And it appears they have corrected the problem of how to replace the starter rope. Now you can unbolt a side brace that was welded in place last year. Changeing the rope is a little easier.

However I wish they had gone to a little extra trouble and put in bypass agitation. Cup holder is attached to hopper on the left.