Favorite Plant Now

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Chestnut Oaks Prez, May 15, 2008.

1. Chestnut Oaks Prez

Chestnut Oaks Prez LawnSite Senior Member

These things are awesome and beautiful. Bloom till Christmas last year. I don't think there is another plant that blooms that long.

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

2. dubblet125

dubblet125 LawnSite Member

what are they?

3. JFF

JFF LawnSite Member

Til Christmas? Sheer madness. What variety are those? Do they have the typical rose issues? Any leaf spot?

My wife wants a rose garden, but I have been resisting it. Maybe I should reconsider.

4. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

They are knock out or Carpet roses. Extremely long bloom time, very little problems. A great shrub!

5. JFF

JFF LawnSite Member

I would have said knockout, but I have only seen them in red.

6. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah not sure, I dont use them enough, but I know the caret roses come in yellow which is very similar to the knockout with disease resistance and bloom times.

7. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I love them as well. They beat the socks off of an azalea that blooms for 2 weeks out of the year. They are getting really popular now... almost over planted really.

8. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I think those are knock out roses. We have been planting alot of them lately because the customers want somthing that puts out a season long bloom. They are beautiful.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Because of water restriction in our area we are planting them in beds with the zinnas this year and may go full roses next year.

10. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Ya so far here in houston we are lucky. We have been getting plenty of rain so there are no restrictions.