Favorite Pre-emergent

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by speedster, Mar 3, 2011.

?

Whats your pre-emergent of choice?

1. Barricade [prodiamine]

29 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. Dimension [dithiopyr]

24 vote(s)
    42.1%
  3. Halts [pendimethalin]

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. Surflan [oryzalin]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Betasan [bensulide]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Amaze, Balan [benefin]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Tupersan [siduron]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. speedster

speedster LawnSite Member

In terms of granular products what is your pre-emergent of choice? This is based on overall performance and quality. I know that tupersan is the method of choice if you are also seeding however I've read that it is short-lived. I've heard good things about both dimension and barricade and that they both lasted 3-6 months. The other methods products I haven't heard much about. Comments?

BTW, I pulled this list from a google search on pre-emergents so if it looks familiar to you it's because I found it on the internet somewhere.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I think it depends on what you are using it for to determine your "favorite"

3. speedster

speedster LawnSite Member

I guess it's too late to edit the title as I don't see the option, but I should've mentioned that I was referring to controlling crabgrass specifically.

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Most of the "experts" in my area still say that Dimension is the best for crab, but I prefer the Barricade because of the lenght of control and I have had good luck with it.

5. kirk1701

kirk1701 LawnSite Gold Member

Used Barricade last year for the first time.
    I was very impressed and will be applying here again in a few weeks.:drinkup:

6. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

There is nothing better on broadleaf than gallery. You can spray it over the top of o lot of different plants for beds.

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I prefer barricade for is very precise length of control...label says 3 months rather than 2-4 months...maybe market hype, but I follow labels.

8. EquityGreen

EquityGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I used evade last yr, prodiamine. It was also 200 sgn so the smaller particles really helped especially along the edges. I was every impressed with the control, it was amazing. I cut my post crab control costs by 80% plus last year. Id recommend is to anyone
    Posted via Mobile Device