Favorite Sulky that can be used in Reverse?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by champyards, Nov 16, 2012.

1. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro Tru Trac

2. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

Had a proslide xt. hated it. to long and couldnt ride on concrete. stress lawns during drought season (we change directions every time aswell). Got a set of Jungle Jims Jungle Wheels. They are perfect. I can zero turn and back up with no problems. Only sulky ill buy. I can go full speed in reverse as well. Not very hard.

3. champyards

champyards LawnSite Member

These only work on Toro I heard...not the case?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I am sure in many cases they could be easily modified with some small amount of welding and in other cases they would mount up using a drill where needed.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

No steel toes? Or that wouldn't have helped?

6. champyards

Well after reading everyones' opinions, I think I just need to buy a 2-wheeled castor sulky as well as a proslide and fabricate a quickmount bracket that can run both...

7. greenstar lawn

greenstar lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I use a pro 1 sulky with the Caster wheels for my tthp. Works great. Been using it for 7 years
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used a bullrider for a while season now. It has been nice. Turning is alot easier if you are fluid with your motions. But as others said the tru-trak is wheres it at.

But I have to ask... your sig line says you have a 21" and your getting a 36 AND want to sulky it. Is the stuff your going to mow with the 36 so big you need a sulky? Why not a bigger mower?

9. Kkane97

Kkane97 LawnSite Senior Member

I use a JD 38" and sometimes don't know what I would do without my sulky, granted I have a non belt driven mower and its freaking heavy as hell so the sulky doesn't make a difference on it. But I love using it on yards 1/3 acre and up :cool2: JMO

10. champyards

A significant percentage of houses in this area have 36" gates with very large backyards.
    Posted via Mobile Device