1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

favorite trim mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kpyoung, Jul 9, 2001.

1. kpyoung

kpyoung LawnSite Member

What type of trim mowers are on your trailer? Anyone use a self propelled for trimming?
  2. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Honda push mower.:)
  3. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

My favorite is the one sitting in the shop. :D

I have a honda commercial that I got new in the early 80's. I hardly ever carry it anymore, but it still cranks on the 1st pull. No telling how many hours on that thing. But it has A LOT!!!!
  5. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

My favorite is the toro proline. The suzuki engine runs forever and they are very reliable and durable. Oh they are fast too. :)
  6. my favorite would have to be the honda commercial as well. however i have found that a lot of trim work can be done with a good hydro 48" walk behind, or some stuff with a walker. other stuff goes to the trimmer. but for what the walk behind cant reach i think that the honda cant be beat.
  7. I like 52" Toro walkbehinds. With a 14" deck offset to the left they work great and are 3x as fast as a 21".
  8. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

There are times when your 52" toro won't fit. Ever think of that buddy?
  9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

not being cute here vandora but my lazer is the best trim mower ive owned. i can trim shrubs etc better an safer than with a trimmer.its 52 inch.
  10. Calvin

Calvin Banned
    from Ontario

Don't really consider it a trim mower since we can cut many small properties faster & better with a Lawnboy commercial than we can with our WB's. But nothing beats an LB for its light weight, power, & side discharge capabilities.