Favorite Trimmer Head and Line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Russo Power Equipment, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Been running the Speed-Feed 450 and 350 heads with the Echo .095 line for the past 5 years and have no complaints. So far the easiest loading heads we've used, I know they'll be a couple guys who will chime in and say how hard they are to load, that hasn't been my experience at all with the speed feed heads. Haven't tried the Husqvarna head yet, might look into it.

What I like about the Speed-Feed head, apart for the easy loading, is the nice big flat bottom that glides right over our St Augustine grasses with little effort. Every head we've used with the "button" on the bottom gets hung up in the runners.
  2. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

My combo is the STIHL AUTOCUT C 25-2 EASYSPOOL and Stihl green x-line.
  3. Russo Power Equipment

Russo Power Equipment LawnSite Member

Thanks for the feedback so far. Nice to see that the T35 performs as well as it looks. I figured there would be a lot of Autocut 25-2 users. That super twist is some tough stuff. Autocut 25-2 and Echo Crossfire in 0.95 seems to be the most common combo bought in store.

Have you guys ever used universal heads by Veri? They just came out with their Veri Cool heads, check out the video.

4. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

another plug for the T35 head, and gator magnum line. i saw my neighbor fumbling around with his trimmer line the other day, noticed he had a husky and after a few minutes walked over there and had it respooled in 10 seconds, think i pissed him off a bit lol
  5. Russo Power Equipment

Lol did he seem hesitant at first.. Like "No that's alright, I don't need any help."
  6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

LOL No one ever wants to admit that they can't spool a trimmer head correctly or easily.:drinkup:
  7. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

nah he handed it over pretty quick with a look like ''you think you can do this any faster"
  8. jtsnipe

jtsnipe LawnSite Member

How much are they,you don't have them on your website yet.I don't mind being a guinea pig every now and then for the right price.
  9. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

My only complaint about the T-35 head is that they could reinforce the blue center button, and the black outer assembly. My personal trimmer has lasted a very long time. But in the hands of a newb or ham fisted helper, they wear those two parts out. And when the blue button fails, the spring falls out. The parts are cheap, and my dealer stocks them. And at $22 or so the heads are cheaper than most others.

Haven't used that new Veri head. But those are the same guys that made the Echo, and Kawasaki heads among others including the U-turd. In all fairness, they have all been pretty reliable.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Russo Power Equipment

The U-Turd ahhhh that's a good one. Haven't heard any complaints on Veri's universal heads. The Veri Cool is in our stores and soon to be on the internet. I'll get you that price tomorrow if you'd like.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013