Favorite Trimmer Head and Line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Russo Power Equipment, Jul 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

LOL..never really noticed the typo. I must have been tired when I did that. Its been there a while, and your the first to comment on it. Thanks.

2. DiPop

DiPop LawnSite Member

I found the T-35 head on Amazon for $22.49 and the Gator platinum super twist line for $74.32 for a 5 lb spool. Are these good prices?

3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Gator Platinum Supertwist (in .105) is THE MOST DURABLE TRIMMER LINE I've tried. Seems extra sharp as well making detailed work a breeze.
    I'll honestly say a spool lasts at least 2x longer than anything else, if not longer.
    Have come across a few posts saying this line will tear up a trimmer guard due to its toughness. The day I first spooled some Supertwist onto my new Honda is also the day I removed the guard...so I can't comment re: tearing up a guard. I trim & edge with my trimmer, fwiw.

4. Liberty Lawnworks

Liberty Lawnworks LawnSite Member

Out of all the trimmer lines that Amazon sells, this looks like the best. I have a couple of Husqvarna 223L trimmers, but I plan on keeping the guards on them. I would love to hear whether anybody who uses this Gator Platinum Supertwist (.095) line with the guards is experiencing considerable guard wear.

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I have a 223L and have run the Super Twist line on it. While the cut is impressive, the line will slightly bog down the 223L, so I went back to Echo Crossfire on it. It didn't damage my guard at all, but I didn't use it for more than a spool or two before realizing it was a bit too much line for the 223. I have the .105" as well. It is impressive line for sure, but you need enough HP to run it. My FS90 and FS250 will pull it fine.

BTW- the .105" line is the exact same diameter as all my .095" lines for some reason, so that was partly why I picked it up, the other reason being they didn't have any other sizes when I fianlly found some at a dealer. The .095" should be slightly thinner and the 223 might pull it ok.

6. Liberty Lawnworks

I'm going to try the .095" line in my 223L and I'll give you a full report on how it does when I'm done. That's odd that the .105" line you had was the same diameter...

7. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

When I told Valk about it, he bought some and I believe he said his is the same way in comparison to .095".

8. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Yep, this Supertwist .105 definitely seems smaller than my old fave .105 line. I'll know for certain when I spool up my Stihl FS-80 with it...as it didn't accept anything larger than .095. Will let ya know.

My 35cc Honda is even more of a Beast with Supertwist! :drinkup: :weightlifter:

9. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

T35 and gatorline. I used to soak my line until my lid popped off one day and filled the toolbox.

10. Liberty Lawnworks

Do you soak your line up until the time you use it, or just for a set period of time?