Fax Machine switch

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Ferti-man, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Ferti-man

Ferti-man LawnSite Senior Member

Who uses a fax switch that automatically detects an incoming fax and sends the signal to the fax machine. When a call, it lets it go to the phone? I do not want to dedicate a line for faxes! I know there is a few products out there but I do not know if they work. Thoughts please, I want to keep a little money from the phone company!!! pay up:nono:

2. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a distinctive ring through the phone company it costs just a few bucks a month. Same line as the phone it just double rings on the fax number and the fax is set up to identify it and pick up.

3. snobird

snobird LawnSite Member

all you need to do is buy a fax machine that auto answer or something simialr, so if you wanna recive faxes hit auto answer and if you wanna make calls or recieve calls turn auto answer off but as far as a switch i will look into it for you see what i can find

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-FAX-5...7?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1204054433&sr=1-1

scroll down and read the info on that fax machine may be what your looking for

4. Ferti-man

I have a fax with these features, I also have a separate message machine. I want this to work so that when I am away, the "switch" can direct to message machine or fax as needed. I know Radio Shack had one a few years ago, but do not seem to carry them anymore. Thanks for the responses, keep em coming!:waving:

5. snobird

snobird LawnSite Member

6. Ferti-man

7. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a separate line, up until this year. I just switched over all of my fax stuff to online. I pay 10 bucks a month, and have a toll free fax number. I get 100 outgoing, and 200 incoming every month for that 10 bucks. Since I have had my business fax line for years, I pay the phone company 11 bucks to forward that number to the new fax line. I will start advertising my new toll free number and drop the old number next year.

btw, my faxes come in through my email and out the same way.

www.myfax.com if you want to know more.

8. Ferti-man

Thanks, I will consider. Actually I have a fax in my desk top computer, which is where I want to direct the faxes coming in. I have a stand alone unit if need be, but I use it mostly for outgoing when I do not want to scan than fax.

9. Ferti-man

I just ordered a Command Communications CS5500. Should have it by early next week. Have any of you used this item? Good / bad?