Fax Machines

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lamonicaslawnservice, Apr 28, 2008.

1. What does everyone use them for? any advertising idea's with one? Im going to get one today. Thanks

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

For me having one is a must have. I fax estimates, invoices, advertising contracts and so much more. Its a real time saver and its much faster to send a fax than sending a letter and if you have to send out a lot, its much cheaper than stamps. Almost every business has at least one fax line if not many more and you should too.

3. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

advertsing by fax is like spamming. The people/companies that do this to us atleast a few a week. we call them up after getting all their information and tell them we are going to send them a bill for all the ink and paper they are wasting.

Not one of them has been from a real company. All non registered business(scam artists). So that is what most will associate your business with.

4. so even if your a legit business and it says licensed and insured on the bid or flyer its still spam? I dont want to get into trouble for this I just wasnt sure how everyone used fax machines.

5. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I once faxed a price sheet to the wrong property management comapany and got a call from them asking if i would be interested in some accounts (heck ya!) i then resent it to the management company that is was intended for and got a responce of "we'll call if we need you" (still no call) but it all worked out in the end. I wouldn't try it again but it was cool none the less

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I use a fax/printer....Ive never just sent out advertisements from one. I use mine to print invoices and I do property management with offices in other states and they prefer for the invoice to be faxed instead of mailed....also on some request for bid sheets...its easier and alot faster if they fax them to you verses waiting for snail mail

wayne