fax setup with gable modem?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Soupy, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Does anyone know how to setup a fax through the computer of you are using broadband internet (through cable service)?

I moved my office to a location in the house that doesn't have phone jacks yet. I need a temporary fax setup.

Thanks,
    Soupy

2. Florida 5 Star

Florida 5 Star LawnSite Member
    from Florida

www.Efax.com
    Client calls a number sends fax as normal you get it in e-mail
    To send you just use efax and send it from the computer
    Only down side you might not get a local number unless you pay for that side of the service
    Take care

3. Florida 5 Star

Florida 5 Star LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Soupy did it work???

4. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Fivestar, Thanks for the help. I looked at efax and they didn't have a local #. My problem is I need to send fax too.

I fixed the problem of sending faxes by moving my fax machine to a phone outlet when needed. The only problem with that is, I can't leave it there because I use an all-n-one fax, printer and copier. So the machine needs to be in my office.

I didn't want to run a phone-line in that room because my office space is temporary. I guess I will be running a line anyway.

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

6. djlawn

djlawn LawnSite Member

You can check out Vonage. They use a Voice over IP (internet - high speed). You can then get a fax line or multiple lines cheaper than what you are paying for copper lines with local bell. You can also set up phone service to call your cell phone or other phone at same time it calls office phone. Just alot of options with vonage. FAX, Toll-free, Virtual numbers. Email me if you want some more info.