Faxed Letters

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jbailey52, Jan 28, 2007.

1. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Can someone post a example of what they fax to commercial clients for blind sales? That is to say a letter you send to a company without talking to them, and asking to be added to their bid lists.. Thanks!

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

People actually do that? If I ever get something like that, it goes straight into the trash can. If they aren't ambitious enough to call me at the very least, I'm not even going to think about giving them the opportunity for my business. The least you could do is drop off an introduction letter offering your services.

3. jbailey52

An Introductory letter.. yes by Fax.. As a matter of fact most business like the fax better... depending.. and Ive been doing it for years.. works great.... and I dont know why someone would do it to you... your the landscaper...

4. carcrz

It works the same for my suppliers. I don't like them wasting my paper. It shouldn't cost me anything for their advertising.

5. jbailey52

Hm.. now theres a strange way to look at it.. but ok I guess ha

6. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with you carcrz. We get enough junk through our fax. From unsolicited stock offers to offers to buy our business (no, it's not for sale), we get them all. Too bad we can't block these calls. :mad: They're a waste of paper, toner and time. Just more spam, but on paper. If anything fax solicitations tend to keep me away from the sender.

If I need a product or service, I'll call, not fax for a proposal.

(Wow.....Okay, I feel better now that I've got that out .)

7. jbailey52

Thats a shame.. we have been doing it for about seven years now... has been wonderful for us... and your a small business.. most faxes now are paperless, and electronic..

8. carcrz

Actually, most of the business you go to will have paper fax machines. Unless it is a small outfit that is pretty high-tech. what does me being a small business have anything to do w/ it? I know junk mail annoys the heck out of me. If you want my buesiness, you need to make the effort to get it.

9. jbailey52

Good think im not tryin to get your business... And no your wrong... most big businesses are completely paperless.... try to get it right.. they are all electronic

10. jbailey52

If anyone has anything constructive to say.. feel free...