1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fayette Mowing work thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JimsLocalLawn, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

If you're double cutting, go in a different direction on both cuts, you'll get better results for sure. I can tell you double cut on the same stripes.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. hamiltonenterprising

hamiltonenterprising LawnSite Member

Congrats. I have come a crossed your postings numerous times and you are definitely coming along great! Like the quality and set up keep doing good work !
  3. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

This lawn challenged the 21" Honda...but I think it did pretty good. Another overgrown "emergency" come cut today lawn :laugh:

Mulched this thick overgrown lot... didn't turn out too bad. I didn't have my trailer with me today, just the Honda, a trimmer, and a blower. About 10 minutes after taking this photo it started to rain.... the Honda is terrible in the rain. But if it's not wet this little mower can mulch anything and leave a decent cut on the first pass.

4. MDHomeSVCS

MDHomeSVCS LawnSite Member

Love all the pics! Nice work.

On a few of these big lots I have seen you using your 21, any particular reason why?
  5. ivyslawncare

ivyslawncare LawnSite Member

I used to have a 4x10...Then I got a 6x12.... You wouldn't think it's that big of a difference, but was I wrong. I also realized that trying to fit every piece of equipment on the trailer, rather then taking only what you need saves a lot of time. It also looks neater....a simple looking rig looks more professional than one loaded down IMO. Look at my old equipment thread....you will see.... But besides that, Love the stihl's and the stripes! Keep em' coming!
  6. JimsLocalLawn

Remember the pic of me cutting that 2 foot high lawn last week? This is that lawn - just cut today.

7. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

I love this thread...

Your set up is great man and anybody taking a look at this thread will easily be able to tell that you have a passion for our type of work.

One of my secret obsessions is trailers and how people set them up... I LOVE checking out different trailers...

Yours is awesome!

Nice stripes by the way... Northeast? Fescue? KBG?

P.S Shindaiwa Rules!!!!
  8. JimsLocalLawn

A round of new photo's.... enjoy. This lawn looks bagged - but I don't have a grass catcher for my walk behind yet. This is mulched!

9. JimsLocalLawn

10. JimsLocalLawn

Tiny little lawn - and this little lawn is full of weeds! Not much grass there, lol