fc 90 or 110

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smz89, Apr 22, 2011.

1. smz89

smz89 LawnSite Member

I need to decide on an edger asap and cant decide on the fc90 or fc110. The local dealer here has one fc90 in stock for $350 and would have to order a 110 for $460 and said I would have to pay the shipping. What would you guys do. Any suggestions apprecaited.

Thanks

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never known a dealer to charge the customer for shipping when placing an order. Where in the heck do you live? They usually just include it with their regular shipment of other equipment/supplies so its all inclusive. Honestly it depends on the heavy overgrowth you'd be facing or lack thereof for which edger is best for your needs. If you foresee a lot of heavy overgrowth on the curbs for edging, then the extra power in the 110 will be appreciated. If its just general weekly/bi weekly maintenance, the 90 will be more then enough to get the job done.

3. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

Very odd. If you have another dealer, go see them.

But help answer your question, I have a 90 and love it.

4. smz89

smz89 LawnSite Member

I thought it was odd they said I would pay shipping also being they are a dealer. What I have right now doesn't have a lot of overgrowth but then you never know what the future holds.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. cashishift

cashishift LawnSite Member

You paying cash?

Oddly enough, if you can pay cash.. i've gotten some nice discounts from saying that.

6. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

FC90 is quite strong already, do you need just a little bigger for $100 more?

7. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

The FC 90 is a curved shaft edger, the 110 is a straight shaft with a slightly bigger engine. Having owned both a straight shaft and curved shaft Stihl edger, I can say without a doubt buy the FC 90. The straight shaft Stihls don't turn the blade nearly as fast, and as a result, you have a significantly worse edge with grass left hanging over. The FC90 cuts a perfect edge every time and has plenty of power. I use mine on foreclosures and overgrown edges all the time. I hated my straight shaft stihl with a passion.

8. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

110, find a new dealer.

9. grincon

grincon LawnSite Member

I would tell the dealer to shove the shipping up his *** and go find another dealer that has one in stock.

10. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

At my dealer I get it assembled ready to run, 5% off MSRP and a pack of 2stroke oil with a Stihl purchase. They also have a great service dept often same day turn around.