1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

fc420v crankshft.

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by monkeybrain, Mar 30, 2008.

1. monkeybrain

monkeybrain LawnSite Member

rebuilding an fc420v ive honed cylinder and installed new piston and rings.i am positive everything is in place and not over looked when reassembling this engine.trying to bolt crankcase cover back on,but it seems to bind the crankshaft so it wont turn.its ok when i remove the shim.why would i need to change the shim size.i havnt changed any tolerences within the engine exept for honing the cylinder.this cant possibly have that much effect could it?thanks,any replies would be helpful.:hammerhead:
  2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

It's possible the base gasket is a different thickness.
  3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

That's what I just checked into, It appears there are possibly three different gaskets depending on spec number.

Can you post the spec number ?
  4. monkeybrain

monkeybrain LawnSite Member

model,spec,and sereial are.fc420v-es15,serial:fc420vd16006.it would be great if thats all that was wrong,because believe me,ive thought of every other possibility.
  5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

You should have gotten either part # 11009-2947 or alternate part number 11060-2482.....