1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Featherlite Value

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by bigred2, Jul 3, 2013.

1. bigred2

bigred2 LawnSite Member

I am in the process of researching and buying a new trailer. A local private owner has a 6'6'' x 16' 2004 enclosed featherlite. It is the 1610 v front motorcycle model in very good condition with two windows, spare tire, finished inside, torsion axles, lights, and more options. My question to the lawnsite community is what is the value of the trailer? I tried NADA and KBB without any luck. Please help. BR

2. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

It will be worth more almost double that of a steel/wood counterpart for sure since it's aluminum. Brand new, that trailer sells for $10-11k. Featherlite makes excellent trailers but they're pricey. My buddy has a 53' x 8.5' enclosed featherlite trailer that he transports vehicles in and it's a really nice trailer. Very well built. He used to have 17' open car trailer that was really nice as well. It was about $6000 when he bought it new.

3. bigred2

bigred2 LawnSite Member

The guy is willing to sell it for $6250. Does that seem like a fair price for that trailer?

4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Does it seem like a fair price to you? Featherlite trailers are really well built, they are also cheap. Most owners find they are worth it. My experience with featherlite trailers has been one gooseneck flatbed and several stock trailers. I'd say offer him $6,000 see what he says.

5. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

Definitely