Febuary to soon????

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Wayne Landscaping, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

I am planning on passing out my 10,000 door-hangers on February 9th, i was just wondering if this seems to early. but ive gotten several requests my homeowners to do this because this is when the homeowners are getting their LCO in order, is this true, and how many customers do u think i can get with 10K, ive never passed out this many before, thanks!

2. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

i pass mine out in late february-early march. You should expect about 2% calls from all flyers, and 1% actual jobs.

3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

It's never too early. If people are interested then they will hold onto your flyers.
    I've gotten calls from ads that were 2 yrs old. Weather is a huge factor though. I once had 20,000 full color newspaper inserts go out the day of a huge snow storm and got like 4 or 5 sign-ups (worst response ever, that would usually bring in 100 to 150) But if weather is OK I advertise in Feb every year with good results.

4. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

I would say go ahead and do it, be the first to do it maybe they will hold onto yours. I just passed out about 200 to a neighborhood I mow a lot of lawns in and got several calls. 2 trimming jobs, and two year round jobs, one lawn and the president wanted me to take care of the main entrance of the neighborhood. I put a coupon on the very top of mine and it really made it stand out. Maybe try that if you havent printed them yet.