Fecon FRM-70 Deck Mower

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Well I'm getting one of these at the end of the week for a mowing job I have to do. Anyone had any expeience with on of these? Its going on my Takkie 150.

http://www.fecon.com/bullhog/frm-70-deck-mower.asp

[​IMG]

FRM-70 DECK MOWER
    The FRM-70 is a heavy-duty rotary cutter built to handle extreme brush cutting jobs. A reinforced front push bar enables the operator to push over trees and cut brush up to 6” in diameter. The FRM70 is built to fit any skid steer loader running 21 to 45 gpm. As you cut, the front chained intake door lifts and allows the tree to enter the blade area for directional felling. There are no void areas on the underside of the deck to hold material. The extra 3/8” steel deck sides are reinforced and set on replaceable AR400 Steel Skid Shoes..

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That's mean looking mower, I like it.

3. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

nice pretty heavy duty, bet that wasn't cheap. Looking forward to the video.

4. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm gonna rent one first to make sure its what we need. I think the price tag was 8 or 9K

5. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Damn I was thinking 5 or 6, thats pretty good that you have places to rent attachments like that. I can even rent a machine with a brush attachment, used to have a company around then they sold to another company who did away with it.

6. Jimmyed

Jimmyed LawnSite Member
    from IN

I don't know if it has 2 or 4 blades but it will work alot better with 2 blades than 4.

7. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

it reminds me of my Davco. Should do good work. Probably will work well. Get Lexan if you don't have it. My Davco ejected material in many directions and material can even bounce off of trees or obstacles and come back at you.

8. QwikDraw

QwikDraw LawnSite Member

9. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

which means it's a Davco copy and you can probably get the ammbusher cheaper than the fecon.

10. QwikDraw

QwikDraw LawnSite Member

It's 4 bladed and works very good. It'll take down a 7 inch diameter tree quick....of course then you have a 7 inch diameter tree on the ground and processing it takes some time with a rotary. Very good for "it just needs to be down". I broke my motor in half two times (warrantied both times)since then they have come out with a fix for that and no trouble with it since. It's a good brush mower, a Bradco will cut grass better with it's longer blades. It's always a trade off.

It may suffer with the flow of the TL150, it really needs a high flow machine to get it done.

It was just over 8k when I got mine.