Fed Up!

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by McKeeLand, Feb 11, 2008.

1. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe its just me, but i really doubt it. I hardly post on this site anymore, but when ever i do i have nothing but problem. Either my screen freezes up, it takes forever for screens to load, or IE crashes and i have to restart my PC. I dont have this problem on other sites and i have cable Internet too. My personal opinion is all of the freaking advertisements. I understand they make it possible for the site to function and thats fine, but if there are this many on here and thats not enough to afford a decent server to host the site and handle the amount of users then they are useless! I have always said i would pay a yearly fee rather than see all of these stupid ads and reduce the amount of knuckleheads on the site just trying to start trouble.

Its just gotten to the point where i cant stand it anymore. I don't care if this gets moved or deleted, jsut needed to vent.
  2. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

It makes me feel like I'm in Vegas.
    Actually, I've been there, and this is worse.
  3. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

For starters dont use IE. I switched to firefox since IE is plagued with problems since hackers hate microsoft. Could be spyware and junk on your PC. I have had far less problems with Firefox.
  4. pj550v12

pj550v12 LawnSite Senior Member

Ha, I dont mean to laugh, but it is kind of humorous and ironic that you are POSTING your complaints about posting
  5. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

I have had no problems posting at this site. Maybe it is time to get your computer in to the doctors office for its yearly cleanup?
  6. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Download Eusing... its a free registry cleaner.. up until two weeks ago my computer was running sooo slow I wanted to just get a new one... I ran this prog.. it found over 2,000 errors in the registry.. fixed them.. and the computer runs like brand new
  7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

McKee -

sounds like your computer need some routine maintenance.

Also, maybe you need more RAM.

This site works fine for me.

The other site (you know which one), that has no advertisers, etc - takes forever to load.
  8. McKeeLand

I have over a gig and a half of ram and like i said i dont have this problem on another site. this is not new problem by any means. when i used to post on here alot i had the same problems. this has become more and more of an issue for over a year now. i know the difference between a slow pc and a slow, underpowered site.

and as for that other site i almost never have problems with pages loading. and by thy by, i posted this after several attempts to access my user cp with no success.
  9. McKeeLand

10. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Look out for virus goose is the new one.:drinkup: