Fee for Bagged Yards

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by danslawncare, Nov 4, 2004.

1. danslawncare

danslawncare LawnSite Member

What to you guys charge for bagging a yard? Obviously including trimming, edging, and cleaning everything. I'm guessing 30-35?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

what size and how big. clean-ups is a min. of $75.00

3. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

Are you doing regular bagging for weekly maintenance or is it for a Cleanup. I charge a few bucks extra to bag at weekly maintenance but if it is a cleanup I charge more because of the extra work usually involved with cleanups

4. danslawncare

danslawncare LawnSite Member

for a weekly cutting all summer

5. The LawnSmith

The LawnSmith LawnSite Member

It really depends on the size of the yard. Most of my customers here in Alabama and Georgia want their yard bagged, along with trimming, edging and the sort. I don't actually use bags, I dump the clippings and leaves in the back of my truck and cover it with a tarp until I get home (where I add it to my compost pile). There are many possible variables associated with bagging, i.e, some people have garbage pickup, and you can set the bags along the curb, or you have to take into consideration the extra time involved with hauling and disposing of the clippings, and if you have to pay dump fees or use it as compost as I do. There is a lot more time involved with bagging, but it hinges on the size of the yard. My roughest estimate (and I mean roughest), is that for a yard that takes an hour to mow (without bagging), I would charge $40. With bagging, I would charge $60. That is fair for this area. Again, how much time is added to your normal routine? What will you do with the bags/debris?

Mike

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Depending on the height of the lawn, I usually charge about 1/3 to 2/3 of the regular mowing price

7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We charge the regular cut fee plus 20% for bagging. I also charge $ 2.00 per bag of clippings removed.Only had three yards in the last three summers who wanted bagging. I don't think we will offer bagging at all in 2005.Regular clients are cut every 5-7 days and mulched by our Standers, so there is no need to bag. Usually it's an "old school" retiree or someone like that who requests bagging...

8. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Dan --- how long is it going to take you to do this yard?