1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Feed back on propane

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuel Forum' started by gregwl77, Mar 4, 2012.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Propane finally dropped below $2 now we save a little bit.

2. reast83

reast83 LawnSite Member

Have your propane dealer set you a tank so you can fill your cylinders on your property.

3. reast83

reast83 LawnSite Member

It should continue to drop.

4. JCA1

JCA1 LawnSite Member

It's been a while since I've logged in but I'm very happy to see this thread...why? I'm a propane service technician. Get a propane disp. set up on your property if your insurance will allow it. You will get an even better price per gallon since you'll be able to buy it off the bulk truck at commercial rates. If you're just starting to think about propane conversions, check with some local propane companies as they may even help pay for some of the conversion costs. Propane companies want to see this area really take off.

5. Ecotech

Ecotech LawnSite Member

I have the Turf Tiger Dual Fuel. It gives a good comparison between the gas and Propane since it is in one unit. There is a slight increase in power from running gas, but it is marginal at best. Scag says there is a 2hp bump, but I don't notice a difference. Propane is much easier starting then gas, and you will notice the difference in emissions immediately. The twin 40# tanks last longer then the 10 gallon tank and the cost to fill is less.

6. DR J

DR J LawnSite Member

Glad to hear some are running the lpg, wish we could have alot more.